Thursday, March 27, 2008

 

Not sure what to do

So I am working late and I get some water from the kitchen and I hear a cat. I kind of ignore it since I figure its the neighbors apartment or I am finally going crazy. However I go to the kitchen again a while later and this time I think I need to give into my craziness and check whether or not there really is a cat meowing on the back porch. I go outside I confirm once again my own sanity. There is an orange cat there. I go outside and pet it for a bit and then figure I can look for anyone who might have a light still on. The cat follows me to each floor. I am kind of amazed. I grew up with cats but never saw one that was willing to follow you. I went to ever floor and all lights were off. I finally asked the cat(yeah still sane) where they lived. I did this by going towards each door and seeing how the cat reacted. After all the doors I realized that I think it is my across the porch neighbors. At least the cat jumped on there door and did not on any other. I finally decided to not let the cat in though I actually opened the door at one point with the intention to. The cat did not come in at least within in about30 seconds I had the door open. Either way I realized i can not support a cat in my place, I have no food or litter box and realized that if I took the cat in then the people who are missing the may get even more worried. I did make sure the back door to the back porch was closed and that the cat could not be let out but I felt kind of guilty not taking it in. Though I thought about the fact that I would have the cat until I found the owner which would worry the owner and I am not sure I can handle a cat in my place. I have still checked and the cat is on the back porch. I wish whoever took care of it would also notice that they were not in their place. I feel bad for not taking the cat in but at the same time I realized this is not an issue I need to take on. I looked at each door and knock twice at my neighbors, even though their lights were off, and still no reaction. I am going to post a note tomorrow morning at the mail box to figure out whose cat so I know for future reference.

We will see how that goes.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]