Sunday, December 23, 2007

 

funny gtalk chat

So I just had a gtalk chat with a friend because I decided to make today National Binary Encoding day. Though obviously this blog breaks that rule. I sometimes just like to explain to people what binary or hexadecimal number systems are and I decided to write all of this. Then I really found the final response funny.


Gtalk text below:

me:
Hex is a 16 digit base system instead of 10 base which we use. So 0-9 is the same but then 10=A 11=B 12=C 13[equal grin] 14=E 15=F 16=10. Its not that complicated if you think about that its always a 2 digit pair. The first digit is how many 16's there are and the second is how many in between. So 32=20 because its 2 16's and no remainder. 33=21 and so on. Make since?
Then to take those to actually letter you need to use what is called and AscII table. http://www.asciitable.com/


me: The ascii table has a binary/hex reference for any possble keyboard option. Eventually everything is converted to binary since computers at their most basest level are in binary which is 1 or 0 or on or off., So the binary data is actually tell the computer to put power to a transistor or not

Friend: Dave
Ok

me: Thanks for taking part in Daves School of Technology

Friend: I just got dumber
Didn't think that was possible

Comments:
Our kids are doomed! :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]