Wednesday, March 28, 2007

 

Yes this topic again

For some reason I am sure you all believe me when I say that I seriously do not try to get religion as my topic of choice. However; there was a NiteLine episode tonight about a group called "BattleCry". I really believe that religion provides a great purpose for the general public. My issue is that when these groups then use their religious beliefs to attack another group of people. I believe that almost all religions primary belief is about treating people good. However; based on books that were written at least 1000 or more years depending on the religion. I really don't believe in most religious idea's. However I do respect religion because I believe it installs great moral fiber in people. However I great really pissed at the group of people when they take religion and choose to use it to attack their own personal issues and weakness. If they truly believe in God loves everyone based on their books then why can't God also loves gays even though the book mentions against it in Leviticus which was old testinmate. Yet all as far as I know being gay is not a jewish issue only a christian thing. My understanding is that Jesus provided a new covenant for the people. His main message was that everyone can be loved. I think he was speaking against these old Leviticus laws but somehow modern day fundamentalists still seem to use the old testament as their claim for gods spoken word yet the whole book was supposed to be changed based on Jesus claims in the new testament.

Just the first site I found when I googled "battlecry religion"
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20060511_battle_cry_theocracy/

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]